Thursday, July 21, 2011

today's thrift scores

First, ANOTHER tiki mug. This was $3.99 and I'm pretty sure I've never paid $3.99 for a tiki mug in my life. That's highway robbery!

I was feeling a little bitter over the price, but of course I wasn't going to turn down a tiki mug. Then my thrifting luck changed...






Arabia of Finland 1960's pitcher- 8" high, completely adorable, and $5.99 at Goodwill.



There's one on ebay right now. 11 bids, the current price is $97. That's CRAZY!




Have you made any good thrift scores lately?

4 comments:

  1. Love the tiki guy! All those across the top of your header are all yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I took that picture in my old place before I got the tiki hutch.
    http://cheetahvelour.blogspot.com/2010/12/tiki-tiki-tiki.html

    I've been collecting them for probably 20 years, but I don't have that many since I'll only buy them cheap from thrift stores, flea markets or get them from actual tiki bars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty amazing! I just bought an original painting for $1.65. I couldn't believe it! I plan on adding mermaids to the painting...
    : )

    ReplyDelete