Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fairyland!

Children's Fairyland is a storybook theme park in beautiful downtown Oakland, CA. It's been operating since 1950.


Grownups are not allowed inside without children, and children are not allowed inside without a grownup. It's been a long time since I was a kid, and I hadn't been inside since sometime in the early 70's.

A few weeks ago, Fairlyland opened the gates for a grownups only party! ALL proceeds from the event went to Fairyland and help them keep admissions low (or even free) for local kids.

I drank a refreshing adult beverage in the little pig's house of bricks! I don't remember it being this tiny.


Magic Keys open the talking storybooks at Fairyland. I still have my original key and it STILL WORKS!








Have you ever been to Fairyland?

2 comments:

  1. I love this place!
    Unfortunately... my original key was stolen in that burglary we had a couple of years ago - had it all of my life, along with the Shredded Wheat little man on a spoon.
    Oh, well.
    Thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your key got stolen. :(

    Going back to Fairyland after almost 4 decades was fun. I wish you could have been there with me. :)

    ReplyDelete